Founders of Safe–Med, Vanessa Pickford and Fiona Pieterse both hold internationally recognised Resuscitation Instructor qualifications with the American Heart Association, as well as First Aid Instructor Qualifications. They are also both registered with the Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa as certified instructors.
As Registered Nurses and registered Health Care Professionals (HPCSA), Vanessa and Fiona have been involved in numerous traumas and resuscitation events. As a result of these experiences, they have come to believe that everyone should know the basic steps of CPR and First Aid.
WHAT SETS US APART
- Expertise forged in a combined 40 years in resuscitation and training experience
- Experienced instructors guaranteed to deliver top quality training
- Commitment to ensuring course participants gain confidence and competence in emergency medical response
- Small classes affording personal attention. Optimal instructor : student ratio
- Courses tailored to specific training needs
The enhanced recovery program is about improving patient outcomes after surgery. The program focuses on making sure that patients are active participants in their own recovery process. It also aims to ensure that patients receive evidence based care that has been validated in ERAS centres of excellence worldwide.
We will be joining a community of more than 40 international ERAS societies. A first for the African continent!!